Hope your week is going well! No I don’t. I hope your week is going AWESOME. And if it isn’t, His grace is enough to get you through. Get out your Keurig or your french press, brew something dark and bold, and catch up on what happened at Crosspoint this past Sunday. (No tea or Tim Horton’s allowed) 😉
– Sunday was week 3/4 in our Altaers series. We’ve been following the altar theme from early Old Testament into the life of Jesus. The altar is the place where God alters me. No gimmicks. No hype. Just surrendering whatever we have to with God because we know that Jesus surrendered his life for us.
– Sunday’s texts were Romans 8:3 and 1 Peter 1:18-21. We used a credit card to illustrate how the Law of Moses was making our minimum payment just trying to keep up with our sin. 1 Peter says that we’re born with a balance and we all know that we wrack up a lot of debt/sin in a lifetime. Grace is a zero balance. Grace is being debt free. Jesus came to be the payment for our sins! That’s good news!
– Loved the video that Pastor Mark put together to highlight and congratulate Amy Vail for her photography win on Facebook and donating the winnings back to an orphanage in Haiti. Very cool. That’s the church being the church. Those are the things that people need to see the followers of Jesus doing.
– Pastor Mark and Ruth Woodworth led a membership class on Sunday and 16 new people signed up to join Crosspoint. Wooooooooo. 🙂
– What else happened on Sunday? 3 PEOPLE GAVE THEIR LIVES TO JESUS!!!! 🙂
– There was a meeting at the church on Sunday night but I can’t remember what is was about. I think they were voting on something. Probably voting to purchase new espresso machines for the lobby.
– Awesome turn out and a God-is-in-this result of the vote Sunday night to elect Pastor Mark and Pastor Conard Symonds as co-lead pastors for a 2 year term!! Congrats to both men. Big props too to Vice Chair Stephen Woodworth, the search team, and the church board for handling this transition with excellence. Over the next 2 years Pastor Mark will increase his responsibilities in a transitioning type role. God has been clearly leading, grooming, and raising Mark up in his wisdom, skill, and leadership. Pastor Conard is a highly, highly respected leader and man of God. Huge thanks to Conard for being willing to step up and let God use him for such a time as this. Great days ahead Crosspoint!!
GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE!
10:00 a.m. Corbett Avenue Wesleyan Church. Please help us get the word out on this! This is our annual combined service between the 3 Wesleyan churches in Fredericton. Crosspoint will be leading worship.
Easter Breakfast for Missions!
Crosspoint, this Saturday, 8:30-10:00.
Invite people to church for Easter. Seriously. Don’t be shy. People are interested in going to church for Easter. They are curious. Many people even feel they should be in church for Easter they just don’t know which church to go to. You have a great church! We won’t embarrass you! We’ll do our best. There will be baptisms. There will be unexpected awesomeness. There will be coffee. There will be tons of people. Found people find people. Let’s pack this place for Jesus!!